Exciting opportunity for Columba alumni who are from the Alexandra community and / or surrounding areas.
Posted / 25 June 2018
Help2read is seeking Literacy Tutors to assist learners in improving their reading and essentially foster a love for reading. Literacy Tutors act as mentors for young learners who struggle to read by reading exciting books, playing games and basic communication. This assists in enabling learners to develop and foster a love for reading, which in due course improves their ability to read, ensuring that they become confident readers. You can have a positive impact on a child’s life by becoming a Literacy Tutor! Help2read tutors are provided with on-going training, support and mentoring, and provided with a stipend as contribution to travelling expenses.
- A 1-Year internship at a school on the programme
- Working 7 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Be Literate in English. Read, write and speak
- Education: Completed Grade 12
- Unemployed and available in July 2018
- From the Alexandra Community and/or surrounding areas (would be able to work at either Iphutheng, Ekukhanyisweni or Carter Primary schools)
If you are interested and would like to apply, please fill out the following form (https://goo.gl/forms/zS3ODCsQfPXd3RG52) AND submit your CV to email@example.com